Karla Gonzalez Carvajal
Ms. Carvajal is a specialist in the subject of negotiation and alternative dispute resolution. She obtained her MBA with an emphasis on Marketing at the University of San Diego in California and holds a degree in Law from the University of Costa Rica.
Her work over the last decade has provided her with extensive experience in the area of public service. She has specialized in Alternative Conflict Resolution Methods and is currently a member of the Centro Internacional de Arbitraje y Conciliación Comercial (International Center for Arbitration and Commercial Conciliation). She was a member of Road Safety Committee, which is led by the Fundación Internacional de Automovilismo (International Automobile Foundation). As Minister of Public Works and Transportation in Costa Rica she achieved a fourfold increase in the investment of public works, the resumption of construction at the national airport, which was stalled due to conflicts, the transformation of the driver’s license system, the promotion of a new traffic law and the inclusion of road safety components in the design of road infrastructure. She is currently Transport Sector Manager for South Asia at the World Bank.
- Transport is not gender-neutral
- And a river runs through it
- Providing road access to all: how India is turning a distant dream into reality
- What do we know about South Asian ports?
- Unlocking the transformative power of waterways
- How the Insurance Industry Can Make Our Roads Safer
- A Major Shift to Save India’s Precious Lives